I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:15 am
The Weeks Episode

A Story Of Grace And Hope: We all have things that we're asked to do. Everybody has to do chores from time to time. But when Hope decides that doesn't apply to her, and misses out on the reward, she works out a way to get her own reward. She ends up hearing the story of Jonah--a "whale" of a tale about another stubborn person who didn't want to obey what he was asked to do. Will Hope get the connection before she's swallowed up?

Brooke Morrison (Laurie Krieg) Answers Your Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooke Morrison (Laurie Krieg) Answers Your Questions

Post by Bren on Fri May 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Let's get right to it.

Jesus' Princess wrote:How are you like Brooke?
I like to run--although "like" is a relative term. I think she liked it a bit more than I do! I enjoy more the feeling of accomplishment after running. Smile

I also am a big sister to three siblings, and can slip into big sister mode very easily. This means I like to give advice—even if the younger siblings do not ask for it. Whoops.

Jesus' Princess wrote:How are you different from her?

I think I used to be more like Brooke when I was in high school, but now that I am older, I have become crazier. Brooke is very levelheaded, thoughtful, and introverted, and although I am both thoughtful and introverted, I have found that I am very goofy. Maybe Brooke had this side of her deep down, but she did not show it very often. Smile

Jesus' Princess wrote:How did you prepare for episodes?
When we arrived at the studio, we could not read the episode, so there was not much preparation. They wanted our takes to be fresh. Often, we read the scene right before we were to record them, and then went in and performed/recorded with the rest of the cast in the scene.

The unrehearsed takes were those that ended up being the most natural-sounding and best scenes.

Maya R wrote:What is your favorite episode?

I liked the ones where I was deciding whether to go to Peru. Brooke really had to wrestle with some difficult decisions, and I liked to find times in my own life where I had to wrestle through difficult decisions to make those episodes come to life.

Maya R wrote:What was your favorite scene to play?

I cannot think of a favorite scene, but I enjoyed scenes I played with Roger (my dad) and Nathan (Timmy). We always had a good connection and laughed a lot.

Maya R wrote:How did you do all the emotional scenes? Are you naturally emotional? or did you have a way to work it up?

Ask my husband. LOL. I am naturally emotional. I really can make myself sound like I am crying; however, I would find myself emotional in a scene because I could relate to my character.

~JCGJ~ wrote:Was it fun to work with your brother? Do you feel that there was a bit more of an emotional connection between your two characters, because your siblings?

It was a blast working with Nate! Because I was in college for several seasons, working at Gilead was sometimes the only time I would see him in a month. We got a chance to catch up with both our fake and real family at the studio.

Yes, I am sure there was more of an emotional connection between us because I have known him since birth (and many, many inside jokes), but we tried to include the other "siblings" into our goofy world as well.

Bren wrote:Do you remember any particular funny moments or behind the scenes things that the fans might not know?

Our goal every scene was to try to get it done in "One Taco." (Pronounced "Take-Oh.") Sometimes, scenes would carry on for dozens of takes, but we would aim for "One Taco", “Dos Tacos”, or “Tres Tacos if we could. We shouted it out if we got it done in one or two "Tacos".

Sunshine wrote:What did you learn from participating in DGL?

So much. I think the biggest takeaway is the power of the radio drama. I grew up listening to Adventures in Odyssey, and definitely loved it. (I still listen, on occasion!) The idea that God used me to reach individuals who might not have been reached through radio blows my mind. God bless you.

~JCGJ~ wrote:Do you play any musical instruments?

I wish. I love to sing. I sang on our worship team in church for a while.

~JCGJ~ wrote:What are some of your favorite things to do?

I enjoy hiking with my husband through the woods near our home, I absolutely love ministering to the youth group at our church, and I laugh every time I play with my eleven-year-old-dog, Belle, who I have loved since she was a naughty puppy.

Maya R wrote:What do you do now?
I am a freelance writer, currently writing a series for high school Christian girls. Lord willing, look for it soon!

I also work part-time at a campground.

Last edited by Bren on Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://thebalm.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brooke Morrison (Laurie Krieg) Answers Your Questions

Post by ~JCGJ~ on Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 pm

This is good! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for setting this up, Bren.Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm

No problem. I enjoyed reading the answers as well. I guess alot of the younger actors listened to AIO.

View user profile http://thebalm.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus' Princess on Fri May 04, 2012 3:50 pm

That was really fun to read through! thanks Smile

Jesus' Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on Sat May 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes, thank you, Bren! This was very fun. :yes:

View user profile