The Balm of Gilead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:48 pm
The Weeks Episode

A Story Of Grace And Hope: We all have things that we're asked to do. Everybody has to do chores from time to time. But when Hope decides that doesn't apply to her, and misses out on the reward, she works out a way to get her own reward. She ends up hearing the story of Jonah--a "whale" of a tale about another stubborn person who didn't want to obey what he was asked to do. Will Hope get the connection before she's swallowed up?

Woman's Dress Code - According to the Bible

2 posters

Go down

Woman's Dress Code - According to the Bible Empty Woman's Dress Code - According to the Bible

Post by Sunshine Fri May 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Although this isn't exactly something to debate about, I would like to discuss it.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the following things (I would like the guys' opinion on these as well):

-1 Corinthians 11 says that women should cover their head during prayer.
-Some people believe that girls and woman should wear only skirts and dresses.
-You also read in 1 Corinthians 11 that women should not cut their hair. Some people think that is still true for today.

My thoughts:

-Although wearing skirts and dresses can help women be more modest, I do not consider it a must.
-I don't believe that women should never cut their hair. But because God has given women the gift of growing long hair, I think that it is good for most women to have long hair.

As I have been studying the Bible on these topics, my mom reminded me that it is important to keep Romans 14 in mind.

Admins, I don't know if this topic should be moved or not...
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Woman's Dress Code - According to the Bible Empty Re: Woman's Dress Code - According to the Bible

Post by Jesus' Princess Fri May 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Interesting that you should make a topic about this Smile Our family used to be VERY legalistic, we went to a church that believed in no cutting of the hair, that women should always wear skirts, and that head coverings in church were a necessity. They also didn't believe that women could speak in church (even just to mention a prayer request...)

Anyways, about 3 years ago, we left that fellowship due to some issues with the leaders, and found an amazing church which is where we go now.

I say all that, because I used to be of the belief that all of the above stated issues (although we did cut our hair) were to be followed. Now, we've become more "liberal" (we're still very conservative, just not so legalistic) I wear jeans and shorts, I wear knee length skirts and dresses, my hair is cut, it's still long but not waist long, and I do occasionally speak in church asking for prayer and whatnot.

It depends on your convictions really, if the Lord is telling you not to wear pants, then to do so would be a sin. But, in our family, that's not the case, and therefore we wear jeans.

looooong post Smile

Jesus' Princess

Back to top Go down